I have the honor of serving as the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Employment & Labor Law Network (ELLN) for the 2019-20 year. This post is an open invite to in house counsel who are not already attending our ELLN monthly meetings to join us!
The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is a global bar association that promotes the interests of in-house counsel. ACC member attorneys work for corporations, associations, and other organizations and anyone engaged in the active practice of law and employed by organizations in either the private or public sector (and do not have or work for institutions with regulatory, enforcement or policymaking responsibilities). If this fits your profile, you can join! (Law firm attorneys and others who hold themselves out to the public for the practice of law are not eligible for ACC membership.)
The cost is minimal, particularly compared to the opportunities! ELLN is an active global network within ACC of over 6,700 in-house legal counsel from every industry and every level of expertise and experience.
If you are an in-house counsel, and you are not an ACC member or an ELLN member (or even if you are and you haven’t joined us recently), we would love for you to attend our monthly teleconference and join our active community.
Join ACC here: https://www.acc.com/membership/become-a-member
Our generous network sponsor, Jackson Lewis, will be presenting a brief “legal quick hit” on Employment Law in 2020: What to Know About the Year Ahead! Each of our subject matter area committees will present a short report, too.
If you haven’t joined our calls recently, or have never heard of ACC or ELLN, now is a great opportunity to check us out. Each month before our meeting, I will post our agenda here and elsewhere in social media as encouragement to join our merry bunch on the first Wednesday (generally) each month at 3 p.m. Eastern time.
Joining the call is as easy as clicking the big red button below and logging in or registering.
ASSOCIATION OF CORPORATE COUNSEL EMPLOYMENT
& LABOR LAW NETWORK (ELLN) MONTHLY
Wednesday, January 8, 2019
(3:00 – 4:00 pm Eastern Time)
MEETING PROTOCOL BELOW
Access the meeting by using the following link:
ELLN Network Leaders
Please check your calendar invite for your unique link and dial-in
so that you can participate during the meeting
THE MEETING LINKS AND DIAL-IN NUMBERS CHANGE EVERY MONTH!
- Opening Business
- Welcome and Thank You!
- Approval of minutes from the previous monthly meeting on December 4, 2019.
- December 2019 Engagement Statistics
- ELLN Member Recognitions
- New Members since previous meeting
- Member Anniversaries
- Announcements and ACC Staff Report
- Sponsor Report
- Jackson Lewis Corporate Counsel Conference, Beverly Hills, CA March 4-6, 2020. See https://www.jacksonlewis.com/event/ccc2020
- Presented by Jackson Lewis P.C.
Presenter: Nicky Jatana, Principal, Jackson Lewis, Los Angeles
Employment Law in 2020: What to Know About the Year Ahead
we look ahead to the anticipated workplace trends and legislation in 2019, including key developments regarding paid sick leave and what to expect from the National Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Subcommittee Reports
- A success in your professional or personal life (or that of another subcommittee leader, colleague, or friend) to share with the group
- At least 1 outreach that members of the Subcommittee completed this past month to a contact who is not active in ELLN (and maybe not even a member of ELLN)
- Pro Bono Update
- “Ask ELLN”/Forum Spotlight
- Other Old/New Business – New Member Comments/Items from the Floor
- Next Teleconference – Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)